Thank you Zealous Homo Sapiens (When an Introvert Speaks) for nominating me to answer these questions!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I was “Sissy” to my little brother, who couldn’t say Lindsay. I was “Brookie” (my middle name is Brooke) to my father, unless I was in trouble, and then I was “Lindsay Brooke”. I was “Sears” in the military. I’m “My Love” to my husband (after watching Bleak House). I’m also “Issy” to my niece.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle daily. I’m always writing down ideas, quotes, phrases that I think sound nice. My doodles look like words.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I doodle in my head. I work on poem lines, story plots, character traits, etc.
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
Quiet. I’m an introvert and an observer.
5. What makes you cry?
I’m an HSP. So pretty much anything can make me cry. I’m a sucker for goodness and kindness and sweetness. I cry when I see/hear Beethoven’s Ninth. I cry when people share a passion. And I cry when I cut onions.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Littering! It’s such a disrespectful, unavoidable, unnecessary act of destruction.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Our bathrooms are generally vault toilets. No mirrors. Just signs on how to work them. So, when we do look in the mirror, we are often shocked by what we see.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I believed the moon stayed full all the time.
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Supernatural-themed TV. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vampire Diaries, X-Files, Charmed, Umbrella Academy… love them.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My husband. He’s a thoughtful person, in love with the world. Every day, he’s kind to me, animals, and the land.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
We stopped reading the paper when we decided on this life. Getting away from it all and all that. The main reason we live the life we live. We do love crossword puzzles, though.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
The human animal. Did I mention the trash? And it’s scary how often we find alcohol cans/bottles along the side of the road.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I have made stands to support groups like PETA or to defend family and integrity in the workplace. But I am generally a peace-maker.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
I was recently told that my blog was a new favorite blog this month. As a new blogger, that was huge!
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
I actually tire of others’ lack of curiosity. I love questions! It means you’re interested.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I’m organic and vegan. People generally think everything I eat is strange. Lunch today: steamed veggies in a spiced almond butter/rice milk sauce over rice and quinoa. Mmm. So delicious!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Just a few close friends. These are our closest.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Ancora imparo – Still, I am learning.
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Boston – Go Red Sox! Walking through winding, cobblestone streets and making that turn to see Old North Church standing tall in front of you… priceless.
Hiroshima – Standing in front of the Atomic Bomb Dome and watching countless people walk up, bow, and pay respects to the ashes of those who died there… humbling.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I wish my name was Todd, because then I could say, “Yes, my name’s Todd. Todd
Blankenship.” Oh, also I wish my last name was Blankenship.
— Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
I’ve always liked the names Zoe and Chloe.
21. When was the last time you lied?
When I said I like the names Zoe or Chloe. Just kidding. I tend to tell little white lies to my family when they ask if I want to go to certain restaurants. I’ve mentioned my diet. They already think I’m weird. I’m avoiding conflict.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Nature! I’m in awe of the awe that Nature inspires in me every single day!
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
I’m an explorer. If a path calls, I answer.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
Writing and photography. Both are my favorite creative outlets and my favorite ways to try and capture the wonderments of Nature.
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I wonder if it snowed again. And – I hope all the birds made it through the night. I worry.
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
Right now: This Year’s Love by David Gray. I heard it the other night on the Umbrella Academy. It’s an old song that I used to love and forgot about. Now I can’t get it out of my head. I love the cadence in this song. Beautiful.
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
My husband. Loyal, Talented, Activist, Kind, Fun
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Randy Morgenson. “Was it an accident?” (You’d have to read the book to get it.)
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
“The mountains are calling and I must go.”
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.”
“The power of imagination makes us infinite.”
30. What do you want me to know?
You can live with a lot less than you think.
You are more powerful than you believe.
There’s an amazing plethora of beauty and goodness in this world, but you have to get out and look.
What would your answers be? Post yours and share the link below!
© 2019 Lindsay Sears @ soanuthatch.com All Rights Reserved